Want to learn how to decorate?
Posted: 25th May 2022
We sell paint (of course) but do you know how to use it when you get home
Let’s talk decorating workshops!
We host 3 different decorating courses here at Seagulls, all held by Ruksar.
Ruksar is a professionally trained decorator, with years of experience under his belt. He is an engaging facilitator and the courses are very much hands-on and full of practical tips.
If you have met him, you’ll know he loves to talk and share his knowledge, so expect to come away brimming with painty solutions to your decorating woes!
You will be learning in our ‘Painting Pods’. These pods have been built to emulate a real room setting, to give you the best experience possible for learning decorating techniques
Here is what you can choose from:
A Beginners Guide to Painting & Decorating
This crash course in decorating will equip you with all the basic techniques and skills needed to tackle a room from preparation to finish.
Here is what to expect:
1. Preparation; learning how to get rid of pesky stains, and the best types of fillers for different jobs.
3. Cutting in- perhaps the most important aspect of decorating to get that all-important professional finish. We will spend a reasonable amount of concentrating on this technique as it’s so easy once you know how and have had some practice and you’ll never need to use masking tape again!
4. Rolling off the walls
5. Woodwork; skirting boards, windows and doors.
Duration: 3 hours
A Cutting in Masterclass
Learn the art of brush control. A cutting in Masterclass, it’s simple when you know-how!
Fed up with wonky lines? The wrong colour paint on the ceiling and fiddling about with masking tape? Then this is the masterclass for you.
We think ‘Cutting in’ is the most important decorating technique to get right when painting a room. Perfect this technique and you can have a decorated room to be proud of.
In this short and sweet workshop, you will learn:
1. Different types of brushes & Brush control
3. How to perfect your line between wall and ceiling, wall and skirting board and fiddly light fittings and sockets.
4. Practice in our rooms before unleashing the brush on your own walls.
It’s not rocket science but there is skill involved, once you know how you will never look back, it’s a skill for life!
Duration: 1.5 hours
Ceilings & Walls: Decorating Masterclass
This advanced course will equip you with all the tips, tricks and techniques needed to give you the perfect finish when painting walls and ceilings.
This Masterclass focuses on:
1. Preparation- learning how to get rid of pesky stains, the best types of fillers for different jobs, and how to tackle a room.
2. Brush and roller techniques- the difference between the finishes depends on the tools you use with a focus on brush and roller control and how much pressure to apply.
It’s easy once you know how and have had some practice (on somebody else’s walls).
Duration: 3 hours